Today, around the world, there is an unprecedented level of interest and effort focused on implementing “Green”. This extraordinary movement is in reaction to the impact on the world's environment. LED lighting systems have the potential to save a substantial amount of energy cost for lighting over the lifetime of a project.
In addition to the energy savings, the long lives of LEDs in well-designed systems will result in substantial savings in both labor and material costs for maintenance. There is a worldwide focus today on the “Green” of our planet. LED Lighting Systems do not represent the total answer for that, but they can play a significant role in reducing the estimated 20% of our electrical energy that is used for lighting. The increased efficiency of LED lighting systems results in less heat into the space, reducing the load on the air conditioning system. Impact? Even more energy savings. Each 1 million kWh in energy savings will reduce CO2 emissions by an estimated 777 metric tons.The Facts You Must Know
- One teaspoon of mercury can contaminate an entire lake.
- The mercury from one fluorescent bulb can pollute 6,000 gallons of water beyond safe drinking levels.
- Each year, an estimated 600 million fluorescent lamps are disposed of in U.S. landfills amounting to 30,000 pounds of mercury waste.
- Sodium lamps, mercury lamps, fluorescent lamps and metal halide lamps all contain excess amounts of mercury which causes pollution of water and soil. Having a green outlook, Maxlit Products contain no restricted substances.
- Maxlit thrives to reduce CO2 emission to the atmosphere.
- Usage of a LED product prevents emission of 8.7 tons of CO2, at the end of 100,000 hours of usage.